When you’ve been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, you’ll have numerous questions that our personal injury law firm can answer regarding your circumstances. Some of the more common questions we answer during your FREE consultation with a motorcycle accident lawyer include:
• Why do I need a personal injury lawyer for my claim? Although you can represent yourself and your claim, an experienced personal injury lawyer knows how to navigate the complex insurance claims process and can ensure your rights are protected.
• How much compensation will I be entitled to for my injuries? In the event of a motorcycle accident, there are 2 sources of compensation you may be entitled to:
o Accident benefits from your insurance policy or from the at-fault party’s insurer
o Personal injury or tort claim against the at-fault party including damages such as pain and suffering which aren’t available through your accident benefits
• How much will a motorcycle accident lawyer charge to represent me? We charge fees on a contingency basis meaning that you don’t have to pay until we win your case and you’re awarded monetary damages.
• What steps can I take during my recovery to build a strong case? When possible, retain all documents and information regarding your accident and injuries.
• How long does it take to settle a motorcycle accident case like mine? In most instances, a Personal Injury Lawyer in St Thomas should be able to give you an idea of how long it will take to resolve your case. However, this depends on the nature of your accident and the extent of your injuries.
• Can my case be settled out of court? Claims for motorcycle accidents with injuries can be settled before a lawsuit has to be filed. These types of lawsuits can be settled at any time during or after completion of the trial.
• How can I prove that the other party is at fault? The burden of proof in most civil cases involving motorcycle accidents is lower than that of a criminal law case. In order to win your case, you only need to prove that a significant portion of the evidence shows that your injuries were caused by the other party’s negligence.
• How much is my case worth? In a motorcycle accident case, you could be entitled to compensation for lost income, medical and rehabilitation expenses, pain and suffering, and more.
If you have any additional questions or want like to speak with a personal injury lawyer, call Barapp Law today at (888) 226-4264. We have helped innumerable accident victims get the damages and justice they deserve.